Connecticut residents benefit from a well-developed, competitive health insurance market that’s subject to strict regulation and oversight. Our legislative efforts must be focused on strengthening this system, not upending the current marketplace in favor of proposals that would take us down a pathway towards single-payer and severely threaten consumer choice and access. This “end justifies the means” approach puts the health insurance industry and our economy at further risk. And, these bills operate outside the bounds of Department of Insurance regulation.
Learn more about how state government health insurance bills like S.B. 346 are not right for Connecticut.
- Connecticut Raised Bill No. 346 – AN ACT CONCERNING PUBLIC OPTIONS FOR HEALTH CARE IN CONNECTICUT
- Connecticut Business and Industry Association Health Care Breakdown
- The Fiscal Effects of the Public Option
- Impact of Health Insurance Industry on the State of Connecticut
- 2018 Connecticut Insurance Market Brief
- Study: Health Insurance Industry’s Major Impact on State’s Economy